LEVEL 2 AWARD FOR DESIGNATED PREMISES SUPERVISOR
The Level 2 Award for Designated Premises Supervisors was developed to support the post of Designated Premises Supervisor created by the Licensing Act 2003. A Designated Premises Supervisor is the person who has day to day responsibility for the running of the premises. Any premises where alcohol is supplied under a premises licence must have a Designated Premises Supervisor. They will be named in the premises licence, a summary of which must be displayed on the premises. A DPS must be a personal licence holder.
The qualification provides Designated Premises Supervisors with an understanding of their regulatory role and responsibilities. It is normally delivered in one day, although there are other delivery options. It is assessed through a short multiple-choice examination.
- roles and responsibilities of the designated premises supervisor
- licensable activities carried out in licensed premises
- requirements of legislation and best practice to support the four licensing objectives
- how to conduct a risk assessment, and how it is used to underpin the operating schedule
- relationship between the operating schedule and management controls