HSE APPROVED EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK (1 DAY)
This course covers the skills required by a First Aider in the modern workplace and will equip you with the knowledge to deal with First aid emergencies.
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the First Aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions;
- Understand the importance of basic hygiene in First Aid procedures;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure;
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock;
- Administer First Aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Provide appropriate First Aid for minor injuries
How long is the course?
Course duration is 1 day and contains realistic scenario based exercises.
How will i be assesed?
Continuous assessment is used to evaluate the candidates and there is no final practical assessment.